The aim of the department
Department of Aquatic Animals Health and Diseases with the following goals was formed in the South of Iran Aquaculture research center:
- Research on contaminant and pathogenic factors such as bacterial, parasitic, fungal and viral in shrimp and fish propagation centers.
- Identification of Infectious pollutant agents in water and domestic wastewaters.
- Study and research on risk factors and incidence of disease in aquaculture centers.
- Improved methods of detection, control, prevention and treatment of fish diseases.
- Providing health management techniques in the aquaculture centers.
This department have experts with experience as well as modern equipment and laboratories to date such as Microbiology, Virology, Histopathology, Parasitology and hematology in order to achieve the above objectives is active.